6th Form Key Information
Why Choose Bebington High 6th Form?
Life as a Sixth form student is exciting and challenging. At Bebington High Sixth Form, we take great care to make sure you settle in quickly and achieve your best. Health professionals provide advice, drop in sessions and interesting presentations. University and graduate mentors deliver useful sessions on study skills and university applications, plus career advice from Connexions and Employers giving tips/advice.
Students can get advice from our own Work Related Learning Co-ordinator whilst employer presentations provide useful tips and advice for the world of work. We are proactive in providing opportunities to attend trips to university, HE conferences and places of interest.
- POST 16 TEAM:
- Head of 6th Form: - Mr Johns
- Deputy Head of 6th Form: - Mr Ridd
Our Core Offer:
- High quality teaching from staff who know your strengths
- Excellent preparation for Higher Education, further training or employment
- Strong leadership and clear direction
- Dedicated ICT facilities for Sixth Formers
- Superb facilities and resources
- Careers advice from connexions and universities
We offer a wide selection of AS, BTEC Level 3 and Level 2 courses. We also offer English and Maths retakes. A variety of Leadership courses -- Maths, Literacy, Art and Sports Leadership awards (CSLA / HSLA) many of these now gain you extra UCAS points.
Specialist Learning Resources:
- Spacious Art Studios
- Media Suites
- Well Equipped Technology Rooms
- Dance Studio
- Drama Studio
- Fitness Suite
- Study Room
Sport & Leisure Facilities:
- Large indoor Sports Hall which caters for a range of sport including volleyball, basketball, trampolining, netball, tennis, etc
- An outdoor Multi Use Games Area which caters for football, tennis, netball etc
- Outdoor rugby and football pitches
- An all weather Astroturf pitch
- Indoor gymnastics facility
- A state of the art dance studio
- A fully equipped fitness suite with cross--trainers, treadmills, multi gym and free weights etc
- A fully working farm
- A fully equipped common room with TV, DVD player, stereo, and kitchen facilities
All students have the opportunity to take part in activities such 5 aside Football, Squash, Zumba, Aerobics, Badminton, Netball and Fitness. Some of these may take place off site using top of the range facilities. We also run competitive fixtures in Netball and Football. The football team plays in the Merseyside Football League every Wednesday. If students wish not to take part in a physical activity they can choose to get involved in a Leadership programme like COPE or volunteer to take part in a weekly work placement.
All students in Yr13 who are serious about university will be involved in our support programme. Students will be involved in presentations on 'How to choose the right courses/ university, 'Completing the application process', 'How to write a personal statement', 'finance/ budgeting'. This programme gives students the opportunity to make informed choices. The 'one to one mentoring' sessions provided guide them all the way through the application process and most importantly ensures the personal statements are of sufficient quality to guarantee offers from their preferred universities.
6th Form Uniform
No jeans, trainers, Vans or body cons
* Compulsory items purchased from Urban Designs:
260 Old Chester Rd Birkenhead CH42 3TF
Telephone: 0151 644 5599