As a school community we are keen for students to take advantage of all the benefits of fast and safe internet access. This can help them to independently increase their knowledge and understanding of the world and provides a valuable resource for studies in subjects across the curriculum.
All students and their parents / guardians agree to a School Internet and Electronic Mail Policy which, together with staff guidance, promotes responsible and productive use of internet resources.
Some of the topics we are looking at both in lessons and during assemblies are:
- Managing Digital Footprint and the importance of this
- Cyberbullying from the perspective of both the victim and others
- Sending and sharing images
- Managing Privacy in the on-line world
- The effects of Cybercrime
- Using Computers safely
- Cybersecurity Issues
Parental Controls – consider restricting access to inappropriate content via the following:
- Broadband via router
- Mobile phones and tablets
- Games consoles
This site gives you an easy step by step way to set parental controls. (click on "Controls")
Reporting to Social Internet Sites