Key Stage 5
What you will study:
Currently students cover the following modules:
- Year 12 (AS Year): Core 1, Core 2, Statistics
- Year 13 (A2 Year): Core 3, Core 4, Decision Maths
From September 2017, the course will consist of the following:
- Year 12: Core content, Mechanics and Statistics
- Year 13: Core content, Mechanics and Statistics
There will no longer be an option choice in the applied module, instead all students will be expected to cover content spanning Core Maths, Mechanics and Statistics. The specifications for these courses are still to be accredited by OFQUAL and further information will be made available once they are.
- Current Assessments:
- One exam for each module in Year 12 and 13. Each lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes and with the, exception of Core 1, you are allowed a calculator in all exams.
- Modules can be resat, if necessary, during the summer examination period in year 13.
- Assessments for the new course (from summer exams 2018 for year 12 2019 for year 13)
- These assessments are still to be finalised but the current proposal is to have a single exam for the core content and a single exam for the applied content. Again, further information will be made available once finalised.
- Entry requirements from September 2017
- Expectation will be a minimum of a grade 6, although we will consider students who achieve a high grade 5.