Welcome to the P.E. department.
Welcome to the PE section of the Bebington High Sports College website. This is our chance to share with you the many events, programmes, achievements, news and celebrations that give our department its unique character and ethos.
We are an educational organisation that places Physical Education, Sport, Physical Activity, Health and Wellbeing at the heart of our practice and as a fundamental principle of the journey our young people experience as students at the school. You will see by clicking on any of the links above that we are much more than a PE department.
We believe that education is a lifelong experience and our principal aim is to ensure that all of our students, staff and wider community increasingly recognise the need to develop and improve; physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually throughout their lives.
We know that accolades and titles don't begin to paint a full picture but we are very proud to list the following as recent achievements:
- We were the first mainstream school in Merseyside to achieve the Association for Physical Education (AFPE) Quality Mark with Distinction. This demonstrates excellence in our provision of Physical Education.
- We are a Youth Sport Trust Gold Partner; recognising excellent practice across all disciplines within PE, sport and physical activity.
- In 2013 & 2016 we were named Merseyside School of the Year for our commitment to PE and sport.
- In 2016 we were awarded the accolade of 'Outstanding School; Health and Wellbeing' at the National Youth Sport Trust Awards.
- We are the lead school for Health and Wellbeing for Merseyside.
- We are the lead school for Leadership, Coaching and Volunteering for Merseyside.
- We are the founder school and hub of the 'Healthy Futures' network; a collaborative project that brings schools together across the north west of England in partnership with the NHS and the University of Chester.
Thank you for showing an interest in our work and our department!